- Four Simple Tips for Students and Indie Devs
Dave Toulouse outlines a few simple tips that will help first-time developers avoid common pitfalls as they seek industry connections.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: Artistic Endeavors
Game Career Guide's readers envision creativity as a core gameplay mechanic in these winning entries for our latest Game Design Challenge.
- A Different Type of Time Management for Indie Developers
Sergiu Craitoiu outlines an easy approach to time management for game developers that will help you accomplish your goals without leaving you exhausted.
- Designing for Self-Expression
Nikhil Murthy explains how game mechanics that encourage self-expression can result in compelling gameplay and happier players.
- Abstraction's Impact on Accessibility in Game Design
Josh Bycer explains how designers employ abstraction techniques to make gameplay mechanics easier to grasp and more accessible for a wider audience.
- Play-Game-Act: An introductory Method to Game Design and Analysis
Game design lecturer Jerome Bodin offers a simple method for explaining game concepts, allowing you to share your ideas with others quickly and efficiently.