- Diablo III: Why So Many People Hated It
Cynthia Zhang outlines the design components that alienated many Diablo III players in the wake of its 2012 launch.
- Communication and Game Design Documents
In this detailed feature, Dr. Lennart Nacke discusses the importance of game design documentation and communication among team members.
- Game Design Challenge: Under the Sea
Underwater settings are frequently explored in the world of video games, but few take place entirely under the sea. Can you design a game featuring a world without land?
- Game Design: Conceptualization and Idea Generation
Dr. Lennart Nacke discusses the creative processes and inspirations that drive game design concepts.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: Winter Wonderland
Game Career Guide's readers get into the holiday spirit with a collection of festive game designs inspired by the winter season.
- Students to Studio: Shifting from academic to commercial
Alex Johansson presents a summary of the ways in which you can take your team project and shift it in the direction of a commercial product.