- Game Design Challenge: The End of the World As We Know It
Post-apocalyptic video games often feature violence at their core, but can you design a game about rebuilding the world in the wake of a catastrophic event?
- Design 101: Playtesting
Dan Felder continues his ongoing Design 101 series with this in-depth look at how multiple types of playtesting can have productive results.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: Keep it Clean
Our readers treat cleanliness and hygiene as gameplay mechanics in these winning entries for our latest Game Design Challenge.
- Design 101: Balancing Games
Dan Felder dives into the world of gameplay mechanics in the latest chapter in his Design 101 series, explaining how a solid sense of balance can leave a lasting impression on players.
- How to Make a Game in One Week: Epic MegaJam Learnings
Kenneth Ng outlines the process involved in creating Mind the Traps, a multiplayer dungeon crawler developed during Epic's MegaJam.
- Design 101: The Role of Randomness
Dan Felder continues his Design 101 series with a look at the dreaded RNG - or random number generator - that drives luck-based elements in games.