- Scope Management for Student Projects
Adam Moore explains how student-led teams can maintain a reasonable project scope and make the best of limited resources.
- Basic Illumination for Games, Part 1
In this introductory feature, CoCo Collective Conciousness co-founder Jorge Veloso explains how lighting can have a dramatic effect on game environments.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: Before They Were Stars
What were your favorite video game characters up to before they set out on their adventures? Our readers rewrite history as part of our latest Game Design Challenge.
- Managing Student Game Development Teams
Adam Moore outlines the many challenges students face when working as a game development team, and offers some workable solutions.
- 125 Things I Learned While Developing Games
HKU University of the Arts Utrecht student Steven Honders offers his perspective on game development, offering dozens of tips for aspiring creators.
- Serious Games and VR: A Postmortem
Marcelo Spiezzi Raimbault reflects on the creation of an Oculus Rift-powered training simulation helmed by a team of students at the Guildhall at SMU.