- Rhythm Doctor: A Student Game Developer's Diary
Hafiz Azman reflects on the development of his 2014 IGF Student Showcase winner Rhythm Doctor, recalling his experience in creating a game for the first time.
- Game Design Challenge: Space is the Place
Alien worlds are largely seen as hostile territory in the world of video games. Can you design a game that presents life on an alien planet in a new light?
- A Breakdown on How to Develop a Card Game App
Developing a mechanically solid card game is "an excellent starter project for those new in the app development and gaming industry," Charlotte Walker argues in this how-to feature.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: Take This Job and Play It
Game Career Guide's readers turn real-world jobs into playable game scenarios in these winning entries for our latest Game Design Challenge.
- Postmortem: Reggie
The Guildhall at SMU student Jose Abalos critically examines the development of Reggie, an adventure game created as part of his Directed Focus Study I course.
- Definition of a Producer, or 'Do You Play Games All Day?'
What does a producer do? Industry veteran Matt Powers aims to clear up misconceptions and clarify what duties are expected from a video game producer in this feature.