- 5 Ingredients that Create Long-Term Engagement in Games
Felipe Lara outlines the key game design elements that will keep your players engaged, entertained, and eager for more.
- Getting Unstuck
Are you at a creative dead-end? Sterling Reames has some tips that will help you escape from your rut and return to productivity.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: A Trip Through Time
Game Career Guide's readers put a creative spin on the narrative concept of time travel in these winning entries for our latest Game Design Challenge.
- How to Design Your 'One Page'
Need to quickly pitch your game idea to a professor, partner, or publisher? Try writing a 'One Page' document using these tips from David Osorio.
- The Value of Making Smaller Games, Faster
Nathan Meunier argues in favor of smaller-scale development for indie designers, using his recent game Missile Cards as an example.
- Training Design Students to Tackle Art Issues with Prototypes
KDU UC lecturer Hilmy Rahim recalls a series of projects in which game design students triumphed over challenges stemming from limited or unusable art assets.