- Game Design Challenge: Beat by Beat
Crypt of the Necrodancer introduced the world to the idea of a "rhythm roguelike," to great effect. Can you design the next unconventional hit featuring rhythm mechanics?
- Exhibiting My Game on a Shoestring Budget
Are you planning to show off your creations at a gaming event? Daniel Silber draws from his recent experience at MAGFest with these money-saving tips.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: All Aboard!
Can something as mundane as public transportation work as a primary gameplay mechanic? Our readers test their skills in our latest Game Design Challenge.
- How to Optimize Your Game's Tutorial Using Analytics
Want to make your game more appealing to newcomers? Devtodev analyst Vasiliy Sabirov explains how you can gauge whether your in-game tutorial is a success or a failure.
- What I Learned Working as a Game Designer to Become a Better Producer
SMU Guildhall student Max Krembs recalls the lessons he learned after a recent project shifted him from production to a designer's role.
- To Collaborate Or Go It Alone?
Mobile developer Rohan Wadsworth weighs the positive and negative aspects of collaborative game development versus solo work.