- Writing Bad: The Challenge of Writing a Villain's Story
Want to flesh out your game's story with a believable villain? Josh Bycer presents these tips that will help you design enemies that your players will love to hate.
- How We Learned from Our Mistakes and Refined Our Craft
Sunfury Team's teenaged staff explains how they evolved their development process over the course of producing their first three games.
- Game Design Challenge: Gaming Gets Real
Can you design an augmented reality game that incorporates elements from the real world? Put your skills to the test in our newest Game Design Challenge!
- How to Get a Job as an Artist in the Games Industry
Becca Hallstedt offers these helpful hints for artists looking to break into the games industry, detailing the qualities that many employers look for in applicants.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: Road Trip!
Game Career Guide's readers explore the gameplay possibilities that vacation travel offers in these winning entries for our latest Game Design Challenge.
- How to Make Game Tutorials Better: Immediate Feedback
In this tutorial design analysis, Josh Bycer explains how you can make your game easier to learn by incorporating immediate feedback.