- Balancing Multiplayer Games: Intuition, Iteration and Numbers
As games become more complex, so does the task of balance. Here, Peter Qumsieh explores a number of methods used to obtain balance within multiplayer games.
- The Scale of a Story and the Scale of Mechanics
Christopher Gile examines the relationship between mechanics and story scale among several expansive games, in an effort to find an effective balance between the two elements.
- Aegis Defenders: The Crowdfunding Postmortem
Thinking of using Kickstarter or other crowdfunding platforms to support your independent project? Scott Stephan offers advice in the context of a crowdfunded success story.
- Getting Greenlit in 29 Days
Ivano Cheers breaks down the journey, the numbers, and the stats behind Aero's Quest's month-long Steam Greenlight campaign.
- Game Design Challenge: Twisted History
Can you take a bizarre historical event and turn it into a workable game concept? Test your skills with our latest Game Design Challenge.
- Modeling a Stylized Character
Kieran Lampert gives tips on how artists can craft distinctive, memorable character models when making the jump from 2D concept art.