- A Different Type of Time Management for Indie Developers
Sergiu Craitoiu outlines an easy approach to time management for game developers that will help you accomplish your goals without leaving you exhausted.
- Designing for Self-Expression
Nikhil Murthy explains how game mechanics that encourage self-expression can result in compelling gameplay and happier players.
- Abstraction's Impact on Accessibility in Game Design
Josh Bycer explains how designers employ abstraction techniques to make gameplay mechanics easier to grasp and more accessible for a wider audience.
- Play-Game-Act: An introductory Method to Game Design and Analysis
Game design lecturer Jerome Bodin offers a simple method for explaining game concepts, allowing you to share your ideas with others quickly and efficiently.
- Alternatives to the Game Over Screen
Game design student Dorian Bucur suggests several alternate approaches to failure states, giving you an idea of how to get players to return to your game without feeling discouraged.
- Game Design Challenge: Artistic Endeavors
It's one thing to produce a work of art, but inspiring others to do so is another matter entirely. Can you design a game in which players create in-world artwork?