- Three Mistakes to Avoid When Making Your First Game
Game industry veteran Jukka Hilvonen addresses some common pitfalls for first-time developers, highlighting how others can avoid making the same mistakes.
- Introverted Networking: A Few Strategies
Want to meet new people? Johan Toresson offers several networking strategies that will help you manage your anxiety while establishing perspective and purpose.
- Four Simple Tips for Students and Indie Devs
Dave Toulouse outlines a few simple tips that will help first-time developers avoid common pitfalls as they seek industry connections.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: Artistic Endeavors
Game Career Guide's readers envision creativity as a core gameplay mechanic in these winning entries for our latest Game Design Challenge.
- A Different Type of Time Management for Indie Developers
Sergiu Craitoiu outlines an easy approach to time management for game developers that will help you accomplish your goals without leaving you exhausted.
- Designing for Self-Expression
Nikhil Murthy explains how game mechanics that encourage self-expression can result in compelling gameplay and happier players.