- Online Multiplayer: The Blind Leading the Blind
Full Sail University student Cory Ward outlines a common problem with online multiplayer gameplay, and proposes a simple solution for up-and-coming developers to consider.
- Educated Play: One and One Story
Game Developer Magazine's Patrick Miller talks with 2012 IGF Student Showcase finalist Mattia Traverso about his romance-inspired platformer One and One Story.
- The Chilling Poetry of DEFCON
Andrei Filote examines how striking visuals, effective audio cues, and a poignant narrative collide in Introversion Software's high-stakes nuclear warfare strategy game DEFCON.
- Cheat Mode: Choosing a Career in the Games Industry
In this excerpt from his book Cheat Mode, author Dan Jacobs outlines the many career opportunities available to games industry newcomers.
- Day Zero: Tips for Starting Out as a Game Artist
In this reprinted blog entry originally featured at Game Career Guide sister site Gamasutra, Jeff Parrott gives a few quick tips for artists entering the games industry.
- Game Design Challenge: DualShock 4
The PlayStation 4's controller will include a capacitative touch pad and an LED light bar that interacts with a dual camera peripheral. Can you build a game around these unique features?