- Adding Static Water with Pixel Art and 3D
Roque Rey explains how to create simple water effects in Unity using a combination of 3D and pixel art.
- I Do And I Understand
Nicklaus Liow explains how the "learn by doing" approach is effective for game designers, and offers motivational hints for anyone seeking inspiration.
- What We Use to Make Our 2D Games
Looking for the right tools to create a 2D game? Chad Ata lists several key applications that his studio used throughout the development of several titles.
- Game Design Challenge: Instruments of Destruction
With Rock Band making its return later this year, it's time to consider how musical instruments can impact gameplay across varied genres. Are you up to the challenge?
- Angels, Devils, and Boomsticks: The Making of Demons with Shotguns
David Craddock takes a look at Demons with Shotguns, an independently produced video game that turned to Steam Greenlight for support.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: For Your Health
Game Career Guide's readers tackle the difficult prospect of designing games that teach accurate information about medical issues. Read on for our winning entries.