- Should You Get a Job in Video Games?
In this career-oriented feature, Paul Wu mulls over the pros and cons of joining the video game industry in its current state.
- Don't Be Afraid To Learn
Industry veteran Karlo Eldic explains why it's important to learn how to use new technology as it's available in order to continue making great games.
- Diablo III: Why So Many People Hated It
Cynthia Zhang outlines the design components that alienated many Diablo III players in the wake of its 2012 launch.
- Communication and Game Design Documents
In this detailed feature, Dr. Lennart Nacke discusses the importance of game design documentation and communication among team members.
- Game Design Challenge: Under the Sea
Underwater settings are frequently explored in the world of video games, but few take place entirely under the sea. Can you design a game featuring a world without land?
- Game Design: Conceptualization and Idea Generation
Dr. Lennart Nacke discusses the creative processes and inspirations that drive game design concepts.