- How to Start Making Games
James Cox retraces the steps he took in becoming a fully fledged game developer, explaining how beginners with no coding knowledge can start making games immediately.
- Interview: Full Sail's Wendy Despain on Teaching Interactive Storytellers
Connor Cleary has a chat with Narrative Designer and Consultant Wendy Despain, discussing her experiences in teaching game writing at Full Sail University.
- Commercially Viable Design on Mobile
Oreganik founder Ted Brown examines a recent crop of mobile hits, offering tips for student developers looking to stand out in a crowded marketplace.
- Postmortem: What Lies Beneath
Jose Abalos takes a look back at the creation of What Lies Beneath, a survival horror-themed Half-Life 2 mod inspired by Resident Evil 4 and The Cabin in the Woods.
- Rhythm Doctor: A Student Game Developer's Diary
Hafiz Azman reflects on the development of his 2014 IGF Student Showcase winner Rhythm Doctor, recalling his experience in creating a game for the first time.
- Game Design Challenge: Space is the Place
Alien worlds are largely seen as hostile territory in the world of video games. Can you design a game that presents life on an alien planet in a new light?