- Alternatives to the Game Over Screen
Game design student Dorian Bucur suggests several alternate approaches to failure states, giving you an idea of how to get players to return to your game without feeling discouraged.
- Game Design Challenge: Artistic Endeavors
It's one thing to produce a work of art, but inspiring others to do so is another matter entirely. Can you design a game in which players create in-world artwork?
- Trying Out Skeletal Animation for Overhead-View Characters
Looking for a new perspective for your head-to-head action game? Consider this unique approach outlined by Zebu Games co-founder Kollol Das.
- Gamified Living: Education
Game designer and instructor Gregory Wells explains how students can get more out of their education by applying video game concepts to their daily lives.
- From Student to Developer: Five Things I've Learned at Failbetter Games
Sunless Sea developer Liam McDonald shares the key lessons he learned while transitioning from student life to a career in the games industry.
- Get Into Game Development For Love, Not Money
Veteran game developer David Mullich explains why passion, not money, should be your motivator for joining the video games industry.