- A Production Studentís Reflections on Puzzle Game Development
The Guildhall at SMU student Mitchell Massey outlines many of the pitfalls you can expect to face when developing a puzzle game, and explains how you can avoid them.
- Game Design Challenge: The Pen is Mightier than the Fist
Can you design a one-on-one fighter that doesn't use traditional fighting game mechanics? Test your skills in our latest Game Design Challenge.
- Students in Games - Achievement Unlocked: Get it on Steam
Media Design School in Auckland student Claire Barilla recalls the collaborative effort involved in developing the minimalist puzzler Split and publishing it via Steam.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: Gaming on the Airwaves
Game Career Guide's readers take on the television industry in these winning entries for our latest Game Design Challenge.
- Emergent Meaning and Narrative in the Digital Space
The University of Southern California student Justin Bortnick reflects on the challenges game designers face in delivering compelling narratives.
- The Game Developer's Toolbox (for Students)
Talecore Studios founder Anna Jenelius shares a collection of essential tips for students entering the field of game development.