- Educated Play: Tales from the Minus Lab
Alexandra Hall delves into Tales from the Minus Lab, a first-person exploration game developed by a team of students at the University of Southern California.
- Breaking into the Video Game Industry: The AAA Perspective
Bob Edwards at Boximals Studios documents his company's interactions with AAA developers, and shares tips for programmers, designers, and writers wishing to pursue AAA development.
- Game Narrative Review: Final Fantasy X
Guildhall at SMU alumnus Christopher Krawczyk examines the characters and narrative that drive Square Enix's classic PlayStation 2 RPG Final Fantasy X.
- Game Design Challenge: Hands-Free Gaming
Though accessibility is a growing concern for developers, controllers are still an impediment for physically disabled gamers. Can you design a game that uses an alternative method of control input?
- Results from Game Design Challenge: Arcade Gaming
Arcades are faltering, and our readers weigh in on how to attract new customers with new takes on pinball, 3D theater experiences, and more.
- Excerpt: Unity 4.x Game AI Programming
This excerpt from Unity 4.x Game AI Programming covers the concepts of probability, and how it can be used to create satisfying challenges in games.