- Design 101: Balancing Games
Dan Felder dives into the world of gameplay mechanics in the latest chapter in his Design 101 series, explaining how a solid sense of balance can leave a lasting impression on players.
- How to Make a Game in One Week: Epic MegaJam Learnings
Kenneth Ng outlines the process involved in creating Mind the Traps, a multiplayer dungeon crawler developed during Epic's MegaJam.
- Design 101: The Role of Randomness
Dan Felder continues his Design 101 series with a look at the dreaded RNG - or random number generator - that drives luck-based elements in games.
- What would a psychology student be doing at a games studio?
Nida Ahmad examines the challenges of modern game design, and explains how a psychology student can play a crucial role at a game development studio.
- 10 Tips From A Year In Indie Dev
Burning Arrow co-founder Alex Barnes offers his perspective on indie development with this collection of helpful hints for industry startups.
- Game Design Challenge: Keep it Clean
From Tooth Invaders to Shower With Your Dad Simulator, the act of cleaning has inspired a number of memorable and unconventional games. Can you design the next hygienic hit?