- Reasons for Modest First Projects and Incremental Learning
Chris DeLeon argues in favor of starting small and building toward bigger projects, citing his own experiences with game development in this in-depth feature.
- When To Take the Easy Route
Working on an indie project? The Game Prodigy author Brice Morrison gives tips on how to tell when to use free resources and engines available to you versus making your own.
- How to Write a Game Concept
Matt Powers offers a producer's perspective on the subject of game concepting, giving advice for designers looking for a way to solidify their ideas.
- Sponsored Feature: iD Game Design & Development Academy for Teens held at Universities Nationwide
iD Game Design & Development Academy invites you to create, code, design, and develop video games of your own -- while exploring a prestigious university campus.
- Game Design Challenge: From Bad to Better
We've all played bad games, but do you have what it takes to improve a particularly memorable disaster? Test your game-fixing skills in our latest Game Design Challenge.
- A Player's Guide to the Games Industry
Kaye Elling outlines what every entry-level newbie should know before submitting a job application for a career in the games industry.