- Design 101: The Structure of Fun
The third entry in Dan Felder's Design 101 series takes a look at the critical event structure that drives gaming narratives and dictates gameplay pacing.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: Constructive Destruction
Our readers tackled the difficult task of designing a game based around the destruction of its included environments. Here are our top entries.
- How Elementary Minute's Student Developer Won an Apple Design Award
In this in-depth interview, WatchGames discovers how Austrian student Klemens Strasser made his Apple Watch game Elementary Minute and won an Apple Design Award.
- Design 101: Complexity vs. Depth
The second installment of Dan Felder's Design 101 series explains how depth differs from less desirable forms of complexity within video games.
- Math: What is it Good For?
Alex Zeitler explains the practical benefits of math in the world of coding, and offers tips on how coders can become better acquainted with necessary mathematic concepts.
- 6 Things I Learned From My First Big Failure
Evan Fradley-Pereira outlines six major lessons that he learned from his first big failure, explaining how they helped shape later projects in his career.