- Results from Game Design Challenge: From Bad to Better
Game Career Guide's readers attempt to correct past gaming sins with improved designs for Night Trap, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and other memorable failures.
- From Couch to Game Jam
Erratic Vector Studios' James Taylor gives a simple series of steps game designers can follow to join their first Game Jam and start making games.
- Level Design Using the Elements of Art and Principles of Design Part I
RIT Game Design and Development major Wesley Rockholz explains how game developers can use the elements of art to inform their design decisions.
- Reasons for Modest First Projects and Incremental Learning
Chris DeLeon argues in favor of starting small and building toward bigger projects, citing his own experiences with game development in this in-depth feature.
- When To Take the Easy Route
Working on an indie project? The Game Prodigy author Brice Morrison gives tips on how to tell when to use free resources and engines available to you versus making your own.
- How to Write a Game Concept
Matt Powers offers a producer's perspective on the subject of game concepting, giving advice for designers looking for a way to solidify their ideas.