- NYU Game Center Incubator opens up to all devs
A $450,000 grant has enabled the program, formerly open only to NYU student devs, means that the program is now accepting open applications.
- Dev offers game dev scholarship funds for LGBT students in Mississippi
Fun Bits offers up 2 $1,000 scholarship grants to any high school students graduating this year in Mississippi who identify as LGBT and seek to pursue a college education in art or video game design.
- Rocket League will now be used to teach kids important life lessons
The long-running iD Tech series of scholastic summer camps for kids has teamed up with veteran developer Psyonix to incorporate its surprise 2015 hit Rocket League into iD Tech's educational programs.
- GDC & VRDC 2016 talks are now available to watch on the GDC Vault!
Game Developers Conference officials are happy to announce that the many talks and presentations delivered by game industry notables last month at GDC 2016 are now available to watch on the GDC Vault!
- Latest STEM Video Game Challenge opens with a new sponsor: Nat Geo
Just a quick heads-up for students with game dev dreams (or parents of said students): The National STEM Video Game Challenge is now accepting entries for its annual student game design competition.
- UC Irvine to launch eSports scholarships for League of Legends
The University of California at Irvine is launching a big eSports initiative this fall, with backing from League of Legends developer Riot Games and PC gaming seller iBuyPower.
Centre for Digital Media
The Master of Digital Media is Canada’s first professional graduate program in digital media. Housed at the Centre for Digital Media in Vancouver BC, this intensive program engages students in real world projects and provides top industry connections.