- Doom and game design in 2016: The influence of hellbound user-gen content
A recent Doom SnapMap MOBA got us thinking about the past, present, and future of user-generated content and mods based on Id Software's seminal first-person shooter franchise.
- Hit the road with the latest Game Career Guide design challenge
Summer's here, and now's the chance to flex your game design muscles with inspiration from your favorite summer road trips.
- Teamwork reigns in these Game Career Guide Game Design Challenge results
If you're enjoying Overwatch, see what other team-based gameplay designs the readers of GameCareerGuide have come up with!
- Firaxis partners with GlassLab for educational version of Civilization V
The new version of Civilization V, titled CivilizationEDU, will be produced in partnership with GlassLab Games, who also developed SimCityEDU.
- Early access version of Minecraft: Education Edition launches for free
Following a beta program featuring over 100 schools from 30 countries, the early access version of Minecraft: Education Edition has been made available for free for educations around the world.
- Educational game accelerator co.lab is shutting down
After a partnership with Zynga and the NewSchools Venture Fund, co.lab founder Esteban Sosnik announces the accelerator is shutting down.
Vancouver Film School
Vancouver Film School is Canada’s premier post-secondary entertainment arts institution — currently celebrating 30 years of industry-defining success — and one of the top 10 schools favored by video game recruiters, according to the LA Times.