- AIAS reveals the winners of its annual game industry scholarships
The Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences will award $10k in scholarships to four students selected by the academy's philanthropic division for their promising study of interactive entertainment.
- GitHub bundles UE4, other dev tools into a free pack for students
If you can prove you're a student, the folks at GitHub will grant you free access to a suite of development tools and services that small-scale game makers might find useful.
- Epic seeds Unreal Engine 4 by offering it free to schools
Gamasutra caught up with Unreal Engine 4 GM Ray Davis to learn more about how the program works, what developers can expect to get out of it and what Epic hopes to gain.
- Wage gauge: Industry salary stats from the 2014 Game Career Guide
In this edition you'll find lots of great data aimed at preparing you for a career in game development, including the results of Gamasutra's most recent industry-wide salary survey.
- GaymerX hopes to stay alive with a Kickstarter
The GaymerX convention has once again turned to Kickstarter, this time to fund next year's show, in the wake of funding issues that have hindered its future.
- Indies, be aggressive!: A tip from the 2014 Game Career Guide
In this edition, game developer (and former Game Developer magazine EIC) Brandon Sheffield of Necrosoft Games offers some advice for indies: Be aggressive!
Vancouver Film School
The one-year Game Design program at Vancouver Film School covers everything students need to thrive in the game industry, from game theory to coding to portfolio production.