- Faceware rolls out free, non-commercial tools for educational use
Middleware maker Faceware is rolling out a slew of changes to its business this week that include a new 'Personal Learning Edition' that's completely free -- for individual, non-commercial use.
- Come to the GDC 2016 Game Career Seminar to kickstart your career
GDC 2016 organizers highlight notable sessions in this year's Game Career Seminar, which features career guidance talks and advice from game industry veterans and successful newcomers alike.
- The Comeback: Why Warren Spector is making games again
"I wanted to make sure I didn't become one of those teachers who used to make games." After years away, veteran game designer Warren Spector tells Gamasutra why he's itching to make games again.
- Former Eidos CEO Ian Livingstone to open new UK computer science academies
Games Workshop co-founder and former Eidos CEO, Ian Livingstone, is opening two free UK schools to help the next generation get to grips with computer science, technology, and the arts.
- Don't miss all these great Summit sessions at GDC 2016
You've got roughly 2 days left until early registration for GDC 2016 ends Wednesday, February 3rd, and conference organizers encourage anyone interested in attending to register now at the discounted rate.
- USC Games is becoming an academic publisher for video games
The University of California's games program, USC Games, is going to try its hand at being a publisher, starting with games made by its own students.
Guildhall at SMU
Southern Methodist University's Guildhall is the premier graduate video game education program in the United States. The program offers a Master's Degree in Interactive Technology and a Graduate Certification.