- Game Developer Help List rallies industry vets to aid rookie devs
One developer put out a call on Twitter for experienced game-makers willing to make themselves available to help up-and-coming developers make their games. The response was so big, it broke Google.
- First ID@Xbox games for Xbox One likely to hit March 2014, says program's director
ID@Xbox director Chris Charla has said that the first games in the program will hit "early in the new year... closer to the third month."
- Indies publishing indies: Redshirt, 1 month after release
Positech founder Cliff Harris recently made his first splash into video game publishing with Redshirt. In this one month after postmortem, he discusses what it was like being an indie publisher for another indie.
- 'Don't just buy a new video game - make one'
"Don't just buy a new video game - make one" - U.S. President Barack Obama helps kick off Computer Science Education Week 2013.
- Influential game devs join IGF 2014's jury panels
Some of the most notable people in game development will be evaluating IGF 2014's standout entries. Today IGF announces members of some of the discipline-specific jury panels.
- Born from a game jam, Hotline Trail is Zen in a browser
How a browser game inspired by Hotline Miami grew beyond its game jam beginnings to become its own unique, utterly relaxing experience.
Centre for Digital Media
The Master of Digital Media is Canada’s first professional graduate program in digital media. Housed at the Centre for Digital Media in Vancouver BC, this intensive program engages students in real world projects and provides top industry connections.