- Nordic Game Program reveals next batch of devs to receive funding
The Nordic Game Program has announced the batch of developers who will receive cash grants, including the team behind the PS Vita version of LittleBigPlanet, and The Ball developer Teotl Studios.
- Vancouver Film School's Women In Games scholarship expands its reach
This year's winners can choose to apply their full-ride scholarships to both the Game Design curriculum and it's new Programming for Games, Mobile & Web program.
- This Week in Video Game Criticism: From Geiger counters to H.R. Giger
This week, our partnership with game criticism site Critical Distance brings us picks from Kris Ligman on topics ranging from a virtual visit to Chernobyl to the video game legacy of H.R. Giger.
- Road Not Taken a personal game, created pragmatically
Studio co-founder Dan Cook opens up to Gamasutra about the development and personal inspiration behind Spry Fox's upcoming roguelike puzzler Road Not Taken, as well as why it's coming to PSN.
- Ratings agencies don't treat LGBT content differently
ESRB confirms: "ESRBís ratings criteria do not distinguish between heterosexual and same-sex content when it comes to addressing sexuality in games."
- E3-alternative press conference Horizon is back, and wants your game
Last year, Horizon saw announcements of Fez II and a new project from Robin Hunicke and Keita Takahashi. Submissions are now open to join the event in 2014.
Centre for Digital Media
The Master of Digital Media is Canadaís first professional graduate program in digital media. Housed at the Centre for Digital Media in Vancouver BC, this intensive program engages students in real world projects and provides top industry connections.