- The Comeback: Why Warren Spector is making games again
"I wanted to make sure I didn't become one of those teachers who used to make games." After years away, veteran game designer Warren Spector tells Gamasutra why he's itching to make games again.
- Former Eidos CEO Ian Livingstone to open new UK computer science academies
Games Workshop co-founder and former Eidos CEO, Ian Livingstone, is opening two free UK schools to help the next generation get to grips with computer science, technology, and the arts.
- Don't miss all these great Summit sessions at GDC 2016
You've got roughly 2 days left until early registration for GDC 2016 ends Wednesday, February 3rd, and conference organizers encourage anyone interested in attending to register now at the discounted rate.
- USC Games is becoming an academic publisher for video games
The University of California's games program, USC Games, is going to try its hand at being a publisher, starting with games made by its own students.
- Crytek aims to open 'VR First' dev labs in schools around the world
Crytek is making a show of providing students with VR hardware & software -- including its own CryEngine tech -- in partnership with academic institutions via its new VR First initiative.
- Street Fighter champ Daigo Umehara donates $60k winnings to NYU scholarship
The man known as one of the best Street Fighter players on the planet has donated the proceeds of his most recent tournament win as scholarship money for the NYU Game Center.
Southern New Hampshire University - SNHU
Southern New Hampshire University is a private, not-for-profit accredited university offering with online and campus based Game Art and Game Programming degree programs. Bring your video game characters to life at SNHU.