- Born from a game jam, Hotline Trail is Zen in a browser
How a browser game inspired by Hotline Miami grew beyond its game jam beginnings to become its own unique, utterly relaxing experience.
- Here's how to apply for Samsung's new mobile game network for kids
Samsung has teamed up with Fingerprint, a children's mobile tech company, to create a mobile games network specifically for kids, with the aim to provide a safe environment for them to play games in.
- Video: Turning game jam games into 'full' games
Game jams are great place for working concepts to emerge -- and sometimes, those concepts are good enough to build upon for a "full" game release. Capy's Nathan Vella explains.
- Brenda and John Romero to head up new game design master's program
Computer game developer heavyweights Brenda Romero (Wizardry) and John Romero (Doom) are leading a new 12-month intensive game design program at the University of California at Santa Cruz.
- Execution Labs incubator offers new financing for graduates
Incubator Execution Labs is bringing its partners directly to its upcoming graduates through a new convertible note program, designed to help teams survive the first months toward profitability.
- A peek inside one particularly ambitious student dev project
In this reprint from the final (June/July 2013) issue of Game Developer magazine, Alexandra Hall interviews two members of the 38-person USC student game Tales from the Minus Lab.
Sheridan College - Canada's largest art school and long recognized for excellence in animation, offers 2, 1-year post-graduate programs: Game Level Design, Game Development - Advanced Programming; and 2 BA programs: Game Design and Interaction Design.