- YouTubers Yogscast taking revenue share to promote Space Engineers
In the midst of Gamasutra investigating the ethics of game developers paying for YouTuber coverage, one of the biggest game YouTubers has announced a partnership with a dev that includes taking a share of its sales revenue for a month.
- Prominent educators launch Higher Education Video Game Alliance
Today, HEVGA launched -- run by top educators from schools such as Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Southern California, backed by the ESA, and with a mission of improving game education.
- Nintendo student games released on Japanese eShop for free
Nintendo holds a video game seminar for college students each year, where students are taught to make games. The company this week released four games from students on the last course on the Japanese Wii U eShop for free.
- The developers who made Rust are rebuilding it from scratch
"There were a lot of stupid decisions made in the old codebase," says progenitor Garry Newman. "There were a lot of decisions made when we didn't know what game we were making."
- IGDA: More women are making games, but men still dominate the industry
Results of a recent IGDA survey suggest that the diversity of the industry is (very slowly) improving, even as its members continue to struggle with crunch and work/life balance.
- 'Microstudios' are on the rise in the UK game industry
A new report from UK trade body TIGA suggests that while the UK video game industry is expanding rapidly, the new of "microstudios" popping up means that the UK industry is more vulnerable.
Centre for Digital Media
The Master of Digital Media is Canada’s first professional graduate program in digital media. Housed at the Centre for Digital Media in Vancouver BC, this intensive program engages students in real world projects and provides top industry connections.