- Microsoft makes Project Spark game creation tool free-to-all
Refunds to come for recently purchased content as its "incubation engine," which allows players to create their own games, is made free.
- What Miyamoto wants from game developers
"You need to know what people find fun and interesting in life generally. And to do that, you’ve got to try a lot of things yourself."
- Valiant Hearts director designs indie game to help teach music history
Valiant Hearts co-director turned indie developer Joan Fanise talks briefly about the design goals and development process of emotive rhythm game Lost In Harmony, his studio's debut game.
- The Game Audio Starter Kit
"Want to start learning how to design adaptive audio for games? Here's what I did to put together a portfolio. Some project links, tips & code examples."
- Opinion: What can game devs learn from 19th century art?
Nineteenth century artist Gustave Caillebotte showed how old methods could be used to tackle new subjects in a stunningly expressive way. Game devs can do the same, says columnist Katherine Cross.
- Use limitations to make great game art: Advice from the 2015 Game Career Guide
In this edition, game developer and artist Randy O'Connor offers advice on making art for games within the limits of your abilities, budget and time. Those limitations are actually a great strength!
Guildhall at SMU
The Guildhall at Southern Methodist University is the premier graduate video game education program in the United States. The program offers a Master's Degree in Interactive Technology and a Graduate Certification.