- Hack 'N' Slash takes home grand prize at IndieCade Awards 2014
IndieCade revealed the winners of its 2014 awards last night, with studios like Double Fine, Loveshack and Studio Bean picking up awards.
- Journalism school nets $250k grant to train leaders in game design
The American University School of Communication is using a Knight Foundation grant to try and train journalists to apply the principles of game design to the challenges of leading a media outlet.
- AIAS reveals the winners of its annual game industry scholarships
The Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences will award $10k in scholarships to four students selected by the academy's philanthropic division for their promising study of interactive entertainment.
- GitHub bundles UE4, other dev tools into a free pack for students
If you can prove you're a student, the folks at GitHub will grant you free access to a suite of development tools and services that small-scale game makers might find useful.
- Epic seeds Unreal Engine 4 by offering it free to schools
Gamasutra caught up with Unreal Engine 4 GM Ray Davis to learn more about how the program works, what developers can expect to get out of it and what Epic hopes to gain.
- Wage gauge: Industry salary stats from the 2014 Game Career Guide
In this edition you'll find lots of great data aimed at preparing you for a career in game development, including the results of Gamasutra's most recent industry-wide salary survey.
DigiPen Institute of Technology
Founded in 1988, DigiPen Institute of Technology has been a pioneer in interactive entertainment education for offering the first Bachelorís degree in video game programming in North America.