- Design 101: Balancing games
"While the whole industry talks about 'balancing games' there is surprisingly little consensus on what that actually means. Debates run wild."
- UK government launches £4 million Prototype Fund
The UK Government has launched the Video Games Prototype Fund, a £4 million funding pool that will help small developers find their feet and create promising prototypes.
- Video: Talk about your failures so other devs can learn from them
"The independent game space has a problem with failure," said indie dev Ashley Zeldin at GDC 2015. "When all we hear about are successes, that creates unrealistic expectations."
- Microsoft makes Project Spark game creation tool free-to-all
Refunds to come for recently purchased content as its "incubation engine," which allows players to create their own games, is made free.
- What Miyamoto wants from game developers
"You need to know what people find fun and interesting in life generally. And to do that, you’ve got to try a lot of things yourself."
- Valiant Hearts director designs indie game to help teach music history
Valiant Hearts co-director turned indie developer Joan Fanise talks briefly about the design goals and development process of emotive rhythm game Lost In Harmony, his studio's debut game.
University of Utah: Entertainment Arts and Engineering Master Games Studio
--Salt Lake City, UT
EAE:MGS, The University of Utah's nationally ranked #3 undergraduate and #11 graduate game development programs offer producers, artists, and programmers a direct path to a career in games and a world-class education.