Sponsored Feature: iD Game Design & Development Academy for Teens held at Universities Nationwide [05.07.14]
- iD Game Design & Development Academy
Game world meets real world as teens beginner to advanced get immersed in video game production. Instead of just playing games, experience what it would be like to create, code, design, and develop video games of your own-while exploring a prestigious university campus. Programs are held at Stanford, Harvard, Emory, Villanova, Vassar, TCU, UW, Lake Forest College, and the University of Denver. Innovate and collaborate with new friends, battle it out in late-night gaming tournaments, and learn how your passion for gaming can lead to a college degree and even a rewarding career in the video game industry.
WHY iD GAME DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY?
- Immerse yourself in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) skill development at a 2-week, intensive, overnight summer program for teens ages 13-18.
- Experience collegiate life at a top university like Stanford, Harvard, Emory, Villanova, and others.
- Explore game design, game development, game programming, 3D modeling and animation, and 3D level design through experiential learning, building 21st century skills.
- Learn from experienced Academy faculty and have fun collaborating with like-minded students. Courses for every skill, gender, and background.
- Ratios of 8 students per instructor, guaranteed. Personalized instruction is at the core of every Academy program.
- Tour a game design studio to gain industry insight and make valuable connections with gaming professionals.
- Work with professional software from industry leaders including Microsoft, Epic Games, Autodesk, Google, and Unity.
- Show off your skills in LAN gaming tournaments with titles like Team Fortress 2, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Half-Life 2, and Counter-Strike.
- Graduate with a project portfolio and the tools to excel in the gaming industry.
- Learn year-round with free monthly online workshops as well as iD Tech 365, a comprehensive online learning platform.
- Receive (optional) an official transcript with accredited Continuing Education Units from Stanford (available at all locations).
SUMMER COURSES AT iD GAME DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY
Choose from a variety of fun, yet intensive gaming courses:
- iD Game Studios 101
- Game Development - Minecraft
- 3D Modeling & Animation with Autodesk Maya
- 3D Level Design - Unreal Engine
OTHER SUMMER PROGRAMS
Game development and technology summer programs for kids and teens are also held at iD Tech Camps. These weeklong camps for ages 7-17 are held at over 80 prestigious universities in 28 states nationwide including Stanford, Princeton, Yale, and others. Visit iDTech.com. Additional iD Tech Academies for teens include iD Programming Academy and iD Film Academy.
Visit iDGameDevAcademy.com for more information and to register online (check up-to-the-minute-availability). Or, call 1-888-709-TECH (8324) to speak to a Program Advisor. Flexible enrollment-enroll now and make changes up until 3 weeks before your session without any change fees.