Game Career Guide Forums

Game Career Guide Forums (http://www.gamecareerguide.com/forums/index.php)
-   Design (http://www.gamecareerguide.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   List of Game Design Challenges (http://www.gamecareerguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1543)

Adrir 08-03-2008 03:17 PM

List of Game Design Challenges

The Design Challenge is an exercise in becoming a game developer, asking you to look at games in a new way -- from the perspective of a game creator, producer, marketer, businessperson, and so forth.

Once a week, a design question will be proposed. There will be one week to answer it. The following week, the best answers and the names of those who submitted them will be posted along with some commentary.

Previous Game Design Challenges (2010):Previous Game Design Challenges (2009):Previous Game Design Challenges (2008):

Disclaimer: Although I am maintaining this list of game design challenges in order to support those members who may be interested, I am in no way connected to or responsible for the Game Design Challenges. I am not a member of GameCareerGuide staff. The content of this post has been adapted from existing features and forum posts.

jillduffy 08-06-2008 05:54 AM

Note: I'll use this message slot to provide updates each week. Adrir can incorporate them as they come.

Marco Roy 08-27-2008 08:24 AM

Deadlines:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillduffy (Post 5429)
We're all in different time zones and such, so "by June 25" really just means try to get it in before you go to bed on June 25, whatever your time zone may be. The contest judges (me and any additional special guests) will not start judging submissions until the following day.

Occasionally if you send an email to the submission address asking for one or two days extension, you will get it. If you send a submission three or four days later, though, you're SOL.

bittman 04-02-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillduffy (Post 6793)
Note: I'll use this message slot to provide updates each week. Adrir can incorporate them as they come.

Appears this didn't happen, but I'd truly appreciate if the Moderator's could also provided a link to the results of the challenges beside the challenges in the list above.

Appreciation in advance for anyone who does this.

Sara jones 07-02-2009 06:58 AM

Wow! thanks for sharing all those above links.

bob 10-15-2009 11:55 AM

Hi Mods,

Is there some way the winners of the challenge could be displayed with each one? That's the coolest part.

Adrir 10-15-2009 02:40 PM

Hi bob and bittman,

I originally created this thread from a suggestion by a friend to help people to tackle the challenges they might have missed. As such, posting links to the results wouldn't be much fun!

If you really want to see the results, then I suggest using google with "site:gamecareerguide.com" as a prefix in your search criteria. The relevent articles arn't that hard to find.

sophia55ggh 11-21-2009 02:15 AM

Advice

Wow that's cool list.I think the all youngsters who want to go for a game career,they will definitely like to read it.They will know a lot of things.

Architect 02-18-2010 04:28 PM

A great way to do talent scouting :P

Adrir 06-02-2010 02:41 PM

I've cleaned, reformatted and updated the list - so anyone planning on blitzing through some of the previous challenges may do so!

Have fun.