Game Career Guide Forums

Game Career Guide Forums (http://www.gamecareerguide.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other/Off-Topic (http://www.gamecareerguide.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Sports (http://www.gamecareerguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17)

Gshonk 04-23-2007 08:45 AM

Sports

What sports do you like to watch and/or play(Hey lets go against what everyone thinks of us). I'm a huge fan of Rugby. I also enjoy baseball.

MattP 04-23-2007 08:55 AM

I use to wrestle and play basketball. However, right now I'm interested in Boxing. I have not stepped into the ring myself but I have watched some matches and it does interest me a little.

MiyukiJane 04-23-2007 03:01 PM

rugby to play or watch?

i got into watching soccer during the last World Cup - it can be a very dramatic game.

but i am too clumsy for organized sports. i try to run 4 or 5 times a week, that's about it. it makes me feel good and clears my head and gives me energy.

Gshonk 04-24-2007 05:15 AM

Both i used to play in high school. But i haven't had much time to play since i started school. I've been watching it a lot though since the Rugby World Cup is this year. Rugby also got me into Soccer its fun to watch but I can't play. HA

Beth A. Dillon 05-02-2007 10:59 PM

Anyone play hockey on 360 Live?

Personally, outside of videogames, I'm into basketball (okay I just play HORSE) and street hockey. I'm used to just playing casually and not in actual games. Ha ha.

- Beth

homer20 05-03-2007 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beth A. Dillon (Post 128)

Personally, outside of videogames, I'm into basketball (okay I just play HORSE) and street hockey. I'm used to just playing casually and not in actual games. Ha ha.

- Beth

My friend plays NHL 07 on 360, he thinks he's soo good so you should challenge him. I believe his name is "capfuzzy".

As for sports, I like to watch football and hockey and soccer(during the World Cup). I used to play ice hockey in high school.

Aurican33 05-09-2007 09:33 AM

I havent played too much hockey on the 360, but I kill it on 2k6
I can beat franchise mode (hardest frachise difficulty, hall of famer gameplay, custom settings with cpu max everything, human min everything) and get thru the season only losing 3 or 4 games.

If I'm playing with one buddy of mine, we'll go undefeated all season.

I used to play XBL, but didnt want to pay anymore so I never got to do 2k6 on it.. only 2k5 - but I still killed it there, I remember being 45-5 one month...

GO LEAFS GO!
I've been a leafs fan since I was just a little tyke!

as for other sports:

-I'm an avid baseball/football fan..
-basketball for the toronto raptors (i'm canadian :))
-I LOvE UFC and all mixed martial arts
-tennis

You know what guys, before I list every sport in the world here, I'll just say I love all sports for the competitive nature.. its great to see people at their peak competing.

I really really love baseball though.. Its so technical. People say its boring but everything is calculated - the swings, pitches, fielding, baserunning.. its all strategically planned.. Awesome sport.

Gshonk 05-09-2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beth A. Dillon (Post 128)

Can you make their heads bleed?

BretWardle 05-24-2007 07:25 AM

Quote:

Can you make their heads bleed?
"Hey Mikey, Little Wayne's head is bleeding"

Still one of the best video games within movies moments of all time... and NHL '96 on the Genesis was a great game.