Old 10-12-2007, 04:55 AM   #1
Marly

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss18
Default Big Question!

Hello there,

It's good to be here with you game fanatics. We all have our own preferance though; We either like artist stuff or programmer stuff. I, myself, am a programmer. At least that's what I want to become. For the time being: I am still at the MBO, and I still have 3 and a half year to go.

Note before reading:

MBO = middle profession training
HBO = higher profession training

In Holland, we have only one real game programming school. Actually it is a mix of arts and programming, but you can choose which way to go in the second year, so you can still develop yourself as a game programmer. So I was wondering, are there any HBO's or University's in the area? So like, somewhere in the Europe? Preferrably closest to Holland. I want to have max chance to find a school where I can learn game programming.

I got some questions for if there are no schools in the area of Holland, though they may be answerred if there are schools in the area too:

1. In the US, is it possible to go from a (Dutch) MBO to an (American) university, or can you (just like in Holland) only go from a MBO to a HBO? If so, are there any bad sides to it? If I would want to do HBO and then university, it would still take me like 11 years. I don't want to study for that long! I want to start working in the real business.

2a. If your answer to question one was no: Are there any HBO's in the USA that teach game programming? If yes, could you tell me which are the best, and give me some links? I would really like to know which are the best, because I want to be optimally training before I leave high school and start in the industry. If you would like to do that, that would be great!

2b. If your answer to question one was yes: Great! could you tell me which are the best universitys there, and give me some links? I would really like to know which are the best, because I want to be optimally training before I leave high school and start in the industry. If you would like to do that, that would be great!

Sorry that I typed 2 times the same sentences above, but I wanted the same, so I thought; "why change my text then?"

I am hoping that I will get some replies sooner or later.

Thanks a lot in advance to the ones replying!

Marlon.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote