Old 04-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
Siberianhusky89

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrir View Post
While there is a lot of passion in this industry, game developers are ultimately out there to try and make money. The companies like SNK realise that there is a direct correlation between the quality of games and their sales within their target market. However this might not hold in other markets. Unfortunately for gaming connoisseurs, many sub-par movie spinoff games will provide huge revenue boosts for large companies despite full production starting late and being rushed in order to complete the game close to the release of the movie. Branding sells too.
*Sigh* True, but still, I don't want to make money my first priority. I want to make quality games and not having to try to make games just so they can "Sell sell sell". Branding does sell as well, but people seem to make a crappy misconception that just because this company makes it, it's automatically a good game. Also, it seems like the Japanese and American gaming industry are very different in style. Deep Space, Halo, and Diablo (Blizzard games) doesn't look anything like what a Japanese game would be. King of Fighters, Metal Gear Solid, and Mario are kind of easy to distinguish as a game not made by American hands. Then there's Fable which is very odd and has a different kind of style to it (I believe this was created in England). Anyhow, does it really matter that much where you live to how the game comes out?
Siberianhusky89 is offline   Reply With Quote