View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 09:23 PM   #8
Marco Roy

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss156

I understand your concern Ezion; of course we cannot stop using the monetary system in one day. There has to be a transition period of many years to do so, but we can start now.

The first place I would start, personally, is education - everyone should be able to get one. That is a questionable choice, however, as it is more important to guarantee basic needs (food, water and shelter), but I feel that with a more educated population, these changes would be easier to make.

I cannot predict the outcome of removing the monetary system, but when I think of it, I don’t see why there would be any:
- Theft, in a world where everyone has access to the same things.
- Drugs & Prostitution, if there is no money to make from selling them.
- Wars, if there is no one to make a profit from them.
- Hunger, in a world were scientific efforts are turned towards abundance rather than war.
- Lack of space, if you remove most of the buildings that produce the same damn things as other (So-called competition).
- Pollution, in a world driven by technology rather than profit.
- Diseases, in a world where the pharmaceutical and medical system actually cures you rather than making sure you stay sick.
- And more...

Okay, some problems might come up, but none can be as big as all of these together. I know this can seem impractical, but I believe a solution can be found to any problem, and I don’t see why we couldn’t find a solution for these ones, and any other than comes up along the way.
Aspiring game designer and software engineering student at École de technologie supérieure (ETS)
CONJUREIGDA ProfileLinkedIn ProfileFacebook PageMy Website
Marco Roy is offline   Reply With Quote