View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 11:15 PM   #13
bittman

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss62

I read most of the above, but was lost amongst the dribble which I easily parallel to sermon's of religious enthusiasts, which is what this Zeitgeist Movement is, but without the God.

So I finally clicked one of those links out of interest, and found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted from Website
Fluid social change can only materialize if two circumstances are met. One, the human value system, which consists of our understandings and beliefs, must be updated and changed through education and thoughtful introspection. Two, the environment surrounding that value system must change to support the new world view. The interaction between a person's value system and their environment is what influences human behavior.
: and stopped reading, because what you're talking about here is changing human conditioning, and thus our very nature (or "conditioning of the environment"). Are you sure you don't see how Brave New World relates? Are you really sure?

Change values + education = changed society = Brave New World. It's not a leap that requires Quantum Physics. There is nothing Big Brother about BNW, though there is with 1984.

Anyway, all in all your argument has paid no head on my mind other than to assure me of two things:

1) You're a conspiracist, meaning I highly doubt any American will be arrested for anything about a social change unless it requires a plane and a bomb. Though I'm sure I'll get some evidence from you about how the FBI are watching you as we speak and would deny you entry to their country for being unpatriotic in Canada. I can't be bothered reading the laws of the USofA, but what you described should mean that someone saying "Fuck America, I'm going to Cuba" should be jailed on sight.

2) This has turned from a discussion, to a topic of preaching. If I had made a topic called "Do you believe in God?" and then shot down anyone who was Christian because they're ignorant whilst preaching Judaism, I'm pretty sure my thread would get closed or ignored, just as we do for most door-to-door salesman.

So, I've lost interest as this is not a discussion, but marketing of a social, bordering on religious, variety.
bittman is offline   Reply With Quote