Adrir
Administrator

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1465

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono1699 View Post
I took a class on software/game development. There were many cases that teams were hindered because lack of motivation.
Yeah, it's like that all the time in Uni. I always get stuck with at least one person who has absolutely no motivation and refuses to contribute anything worthwhile.

Although I would assume most people here have hardcore aspirations, so motivation wouldn't be the worst problems; coordination and time management could be.

Quote:
Leaders are really over-rated, and I believe in team organization where leaders are only needed when they are really needed. Anyways, I also believe in experience...so I appoint HagNasty as the leader since he's had experience in the industry.
If HagNasty wants to coordinate the project, then sure.

Quote:
We're also going to need some background (experience on programming, modelling/art) on everyone who wants to do this project so that we can determine their strengths and weakness.
Education: Computer Science (2nd Year)
Language: Java, a little C++, a little C#.
API: Java 2.0, Java 2D, XNA Framework

I've not attempted any 3D work at all for DirectX or OpenGL besides the "Load a 3D Model" tutorial in XNA. However, I am a fast learner. I've written a couple of algorithms from scratch including basic quad-tree-partition circle-circle collision detection, text parsing, 2D animation, etc. Mostly for applet based 2D arcade games.

Quote:
Another suggestion I want to throw is game engines. We can complete this demo in a matter of years if we develop from scratch...or we can complete this in a matter of months if we use a game engine...I suggest irrlicht or torque...I have no preference over the 2.
What about the Microsoft XNA framework for 360/PC?

Quote:
Anyhow, if we can make this into a real working project it'd be great to have an established way of contacting one another. I can be contacted on aol instant messenger and my screen name is the same as my screen name on this forum. I look forward in working with everyone!
I use MSN: adrirdarklance@hotmail.com

An IRC channel or bulletin board might be useful, depending on where we all live (I'm UK).
Adrir is offline   Reply With Quote