View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 11:47 PM   #5
Tenacious Stu

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss70

Quote:
I hear that Metal Gear Solid 2 is better than Metal Gear Solid, but I never finished the game
I would have to disagree. Being a die hard Metal Gear Solid fan, I have to say that the strongest games of the series are probably the original Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. I'm sure many people will have their own opinions, but those are the two that I feel have the best story/gameplay/epic boss battles etc. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty was the first of the series that I played and I agree that 'visually' it is better than Metal Gear Solid, but it doesn't beat it in terms of boss fights (Mantis and Grey Fox), story etc. Plus there's the whole Raiden thing.

Quote:
my OPINION is that you are a fool for not including (heck, not even honorably mentioning!) Super Mario 64

I have to say I believe that Super Mario 64 is slightly over-rated, but I will admit that it paved the way for 3D platform games and without it we wouldn't have some of the great games that we have today, but I was under ten years old when I first played it, so maybe I should play it again and give it another go, as after the Bowser boss fight I lost interest. (Mario Galaxy on the other hand, that's a bloody great game). I think that there were better 3D platform games for the N64, I loved games from RARE like Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong 54, they were awesome.

I couldn't think of a top five but I have games that I think are great-

Metal Gear Solid (Series)

strongest of the series: Metal Gear Solid & Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Mario (Series)

strongest of the series: Super Mario Bros. 3 & Super Mario Galaxy

God of War (Series)

There are others, but I could take all day thinking of games that I love, I agree with some already said such as Pokemon, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend of Zelda, GTA, Final Fantasy (although I would say X is better than XII as I prefer turn based RPGs & I never played VII, but I really need to as everyone says how good it is).

I also thought the recent Batman: Arkham Asylum was a great game, as I am an avid Batfan, but I thought that what let it down was the boss fights, they had the opportunity to create some really epic rememberable boss fights, but alas.

lets get a good discussion going here, I'd like to see if we could all agree on what should be in THE top 5 games of all time...