View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
Siberianhusky89

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss156
Default I'm a tad bit worried now.

Alright, I know I've done this a billion times, trying to get advice on what my major should be, last time I said Bioengineering and asking if it'd work and got great responses, and I'm still considering it however... *Sigh* It's hard to explain. But to make it short and get more to the point, people have continuously suggested I go into making video game soundtracks and working my way up, but I'm too nervous about this idea. The reason they suggest this (As you may already know or not) is because I'm good at music and they know I enjoy video games as well as video game music. My problem is this though...

1. I enjoy music, however, I'm unsure whether to make it a career.

2. If I was to be a music director for video games, would it conflict with me being able to actually design games? I want to help with with the actual making of the game, but I don't want to make games like Guitar Hero, DDR, or rythme based games. Not that I don't think they're good, I like playing Rock Band and such, but I don't think I'd actually want to help make them myself.

3. I notice that a lot of companies expect you to sell out. What I mean is, and don't really quote me on this, they expect you to try to make stuff that isn't really interesting and just fits with the background or that appeals to the majority (or attempts to appeal to the majority).

4. I'm not sure about whether I want to make music a career. I love it very much so, however at the same time, I... *Sigh* I don't know... I'm a bit confused...
Siberianhusky89 is offline   Reply With Quote