View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 04:11 AM   #3
dtdlurch

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss7

Thanks, Tom. That is pretty much what I had assumed to be the case. Knowing now that it isn't inappropriate to at least ask is beneficial. I wouldn't want to insult anyone or give a negative impression as a result of the question.

To answer your question, I have an interview this Friday for a QA position. At the moment, it appears to be a part time position and a significant pay cut. I'm attempting to transition careers from banking, which I hate, to gaming, which I love. Sacrifices will need to be made, of course. But I just wanted to understand my options a little better. If I took this position that caused me to lose 65% of my income, just to get my foot in the door, would it be considered inappropriate to attempt to pick up another part time QA job at the very least? Now that I know this isn't some sort of industry "faux pax" (sp?), I can begin to plan for this as a possible route.

Thanks for your advice, Tom. Your posts and webpage have been extremely helpful in my career transition.

Last edited by dtdlurch : 07-20-2010 at 04:16 AM.
dtdlurch is offline   Reply With Quote