View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
fullmetal84

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss54

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Ogre Battle 64, Winning Eleven 8(PC), Super Smash Bros. Melee, Resident Evil 4(GC)

Ocarina of Time was the pinnacle of storytelling for me. It was superbly constructed. It has an epic feel all the way throughout, with a great story that really drew me in and kept me coming back over and over. The characters were memorable, the gameplay is still solid in todays market, and the production values are way up there. This game really solidified the purchase of a nintendo 64...so much so that I bought the Master Edition disk for gamecube because I couldn't find my old cartridge anymore. Definately one of the best of all time.

Again, the epic titles draw me in. I got sucked into Ogre Battle because of the vastness of it. There are so many combinations and possibilities; characters can become either lawful or chaotic, which determine what kinds of upgrades will be available for them. Multiple branching storylines allow for replays with minimal repitition, and there are just so many character classes. It definately makes you strategize who to keep in your army with the limited space available. This is another game that brought me back for more playthroughs. As you can tell, I'm a sucker for large scale, epic storylines.

On a lighter note, I'm also a huge soccer fan, and I have thoroughly enjoyed Winning Eleven. Although there aren't many licensed teams/names, the core gameplay is where all the meat is. For a while, the difficulty setting made it feel like I had to actually play near flawless games to stand a chance against some of the bigger clubs. And even now, I still get humbled in some games where it seems I should blow out my opponent. No matter how much I move away to other games, I always find myself coming back when the soccer season kicks off again. I said PC version because thats what I have, but I actually use a Playstation controller, so I guess it goes either way.

This is definately a party game. When you're playing against 3 human opponents, this can be one tense and hectic battle game. The variation is nice and allows for anyone to really have a chance to win, especially with all of the wildcards thrown in. I recommend this to people who enjoy frantic, fast-paced multiplayer fighting games.

This was on of the best games available for the gamecube...period. The visuals provided a nice surprise, but the gameplay and story were top-notch. I stayed away from previous Resident Evil games because the controls sucked pretty hard, but these controls work really well and don't detract from the experience at all. The atmosphere and mood in this game are spot on and have gotten in my head on more than one occasion. This is another one of the games that had extremely high production values, and it surely shows through.
fullmetal84 is offline   Reply With Quote