Ryan, you asked:
1. I've been doing research into Studio hiring cycles to find the best window of opportunity to start throwing out resumes to no solid results.
2. Does anyone know
3. if there is a specific time of the year that studios ramp up their hiring cycles?
4. I'm mostly curious about getting into the industry via QA. That being said QA Testers aren't generally needed at the beginning of the development process, which makes my question much more complex.
1. If you are ready to start working "now," then the best time to apply is "now."
2. Yes. Someone does.
3. No. There isn't. That's why you have had "no solid results."
4. No. It doesn't make it more complex. Forget about calendar windows. The best time to apply is always "now."