Originally Posted by KRowley
1. You wouldn't hire graduate level designers?
2. I would still take juniors on who come from across Europe.
3. Hypothetical question; you're looking to hire a junior designer.
1. No, I said. You don't care if your designers understand what it's like to work in a team? Are we using the same definition of "designer"?
2. You must be both: a) desperate for designers, and b) excessively trusting.
3. No. I'm not. Not unless I'm a) desperate for a designer, and b) suffering from amnesia and don't remember that design is a vital position requiring a great deal of trust in the skill and experience and instincts of the candidate. Programmers I can see for entry positions; but designers? No.