1. From Programming to Design
2. I am from Israel. I want to get to work in America/
4. in game design/development of both video games
5. and table top games.
6. What do I need more than a degree to get my foot in the door to stick in real tight?
7. I know C#, what is used in the industry at the moment?
1. Once you work in programming, yes, you can get involved in design eventually.
2. Read http://www.igda.org/games-game-july-2011
3. I can't advise you there.
4. Read http://www.sloperama.com/advice/lesson15.htm
5. Read http://www.sloperama.com/advice/lesson20.htm
6. You need a portfolio (a body of work expressing your passion and talent). Read http://www.sloperama.com/advice/lesson12.htm
7. You don't need to know programming to work in table games. For video games, C# is good, and C++, and Python, and Flash... Depends on the platform. Read these: