1. I am already 23, and could get a job as a writer at a video game company out of college this next Fall.
2. Or I could go to Digipen, spend the next 4+ years getting a second bachelors in design, have $100,000 in debt, and then start as a designer.
3. So I guess what I am wondering is how difficult would it be for me to move from getting hired as a writer, to being more of a designer?
4. Would it be better for me to go to Digipen, get the design degree, and start out designing with the ability to write, or start out working as a writer, somehow work my way into the design department, and learn how to design at a company?
1. Are you certain you could be hired as a writer right out of college? Really? (Do you already have an offer?) http://www.sloperama.com/advice/lesson32.htm
2. That's all correct except the last six words. It would be very rare and unusual to start as a designer right out of college. http://www.igda.org/games-game-august-2011
3. Don't ask "how difficult." Everything is difficult. It all depends on you. http://www.igda.org/games-game-april-2006
4. My crystal ball is in the repair shop. I could do a tarot reading though, if you want... Or you could make a decision grid. http://www.sloperama.com/advice/m70.htm