Old 05-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
NoUse4AName68

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss4
Default Web testing vs. game testing vs. software testing

Hey everyone,
So first thing. I've spent the last two and half years testing games, and I love it. The studio that I am currently working for is closing, so I am looking for a new job. I have two offers at the moment, one of them working in mobile, testing phone syncing to servers, and the other is testing a video streaming website. Both of the companies have expressed interest but haven't given me an explicit offer yet, both have asked for my desired salary. The thing is, I don't know what is a fair expectation for these fields. I've been told that game testing makes less than other software testing, but how much? I was making 18/hr as a game tester. What should I ask for in either of these fields? Is there any positives or negatives to either of these fields?

For me personally I plan on learning to code and being an engineer for a shorter term goal with the hopes of eventually being a producer or project manager long term. Do either of these help towards these goals? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!