View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
WillWW

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2
Default Re: Introduction

Thank you for your reply, Tsloper. I've read a few threads on here, and I see that you're always well spoken and quite informative, so I trust I can heed what you say.

And you're right, for-profit schools just don't seem to best education there is, but for someone in my position, there doesn't appear to be much available to me. For me, it is all about the learning and getting as much knowledge out of school that I can. Unfortunately, certain circumstances mean I can't have my cake and eat it too. It's one of those things that sometimes I feel having a degree is better than not having one at all, because I have a family, with two sons, a 6 year old and a 6 month old. I feel as though my time is running out, the longer I wait, the harder it gets. I've been so picky, I don't just want to settle for less, I could have already gotten my degree from one of those for-profit diploma mills while I've been in the Navy.

But, your reasoning is logical. I shouldn't settle for some run of the mill school just so I can say I have a piece of paper, when it really doesn't mean anything. I will keep doing research and try to find a school that suits my needs but also offers quality education.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to list them. I've looked on this site, but a lot of the schools listed are for-profit, lack the accreditation I'd prefer, and/or I'm just not capable of going to.

Edit: Oh, and no, I'm none of those people in that link.
WillWW is offline   Reply With Quote