Originally Posted by SAGamer
1. should I start with a portfolio now?
2. should I already be looking to do some work within the industry?
3. When should I start with my career?
1. Sure. But no school projects. Read http://www.igda.org/games-game-may-2012
2. You can try, I suppose, but don't you think you may not be ready yet?
3. You can start getting some projects under your belt now. You can start your career as soon as you get hired to do some paid professional work (until then, it hasn't started).
Have you read those articles I linked you to before?