View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 12:48 PM   #20
CKeene

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss80

My five favorite games in terms of quality of characters, dialogue, and story:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Great story, great twist. Romance subplots left something to be desired, but they were far better than Baldur's Gate, for example.
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits Whenever I mention this game, people look at me funny. Nobody knows about this game and the developer who localized it isn't even in operation anymore, as far as I can tell. But I love this game. The plot is a bit cliche but it's done in a novel way. It's also one of the best games I've seen at making even insignificant NPCs have personality and importance.
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus It's fairly amusing to me that next to RPGs, platformers have some of the best characters/stories. Though the story is fairly simple, the characterization (dialogue, especially) makes it charming, humorous, and intelligent.
Planescape: Torment There are all-too-many games now that use the 'mysterious stranger' character, but Torment did it very well, I thought. And it was a very gritty game, just as Planescape should be. Plus with nearly 1million words of dialogue it was one of the most 'verbose' games ever created.
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines I love White Wolf and especially World of Darkness, but I only just recently played through VtM:B. Great adaptation of the vampire's world. Wonderful characters with realistic, mature dialogue. And though I enjoyed the sub-quests more than the over-arcing storyline, I felt it did the franchise justice.

Last edited by CKeene : 05-10-2008 at 12:56 PM.
CKeene is offline   Reply With Quote