View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 02:27 AM   #1
Addieandjack

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss4
Default High School Student Looking for Information.

Hello GameCareerGuide.com community,
Before I begin bombarding you with questions I would first like to make it very clear that, as the title states, I am a High School student. I have never built a game before nor have I attempted to. To make a long story short I am about to start my junior year in High School which is when most people seem to start sniffing around for colleges. Unfortunately I had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up. The only thing I was sure about is that it was going to involve computers, I LOVE computers.

I recently have started looking into colleges that offer game design,and 3D animation. The problem here is that I don't find myself to be a very artistic person. I cannot draw at all, nor can I do hardly any type of traditional art. The only type of art that I do consider myself atleast decent at is making forum "Signatures" using Photoshop. EXAMPLE (Created by me for a French forum)

So now to the questions.

What I am wondering is if a career in 3D animation, or game modeling is right for me. My IDEAL job would be one in which I have artists who brainstorm ideas for characters/models/architecture, and then I use their ideas/illustrations and recreate them in 3D using computer software. Does such a job exist? I may have been misreading the information I have looked up on 3D animators/modelers, but it seems as though to work in both of these fields one must be good at conventional art, such as drawing and painting.

ANY advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read what is now much longer then I ever intended it to be.
-Addieandjack

Last edited by Addieandjack : 08-05-2008 at 02:33 AM.
Addieandjack is offline   Reply With Quote