Get the latest Education e-news

Old 02-27-2008, 01:06 PM   #1
rhaze129

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1
Default Colleges

Hello, I guess I should start out by introducing myself. I'm Joe, a freshman in High School. I've been a gamer since I was 5 and I think I've found what I want to do after High School. Writing for video games. While I'm not sure which specific part I'm wanting to go in, Journalism or actual Game Writing I'm looking ahead at colleges that can further my skills and help me reach my goal in making a difference in the gaming industry. At the moment my English teacher is looking at some of the articles I've written from my perspective, such as violence in games and adult themes in games. I'm hoping to get some good info and hoping he thinks I have potential.

Nonetheless I'm looking at colleges that offer really good writing programs or have classes on storytelling and dialogue (preferably in video game if there is such a class). I've looked at Digipen's courses and their English classes seem very interesting to me but I highly doubt I can take just English classes.

I realize I'm still young and my views and stance on what I want to do will probably change but I think I have a firm grasp on what I want to do. So if anyone can point me to some colleges that offer what I'm looking for, I can aspire to get the grades and chance to get into the school.

Thanks for reading!

-Joe
rhaze129 is offline   Reply With Quote