Get the latest Education e-news

Old 05-08-2007, 06:10 PM   #1
MattP

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss15
Default Do you cook?

Personally I do not cook. Actually, I have been interested in learning. Fast food and pizza can take a toll on a wallet.

Recently I bought a simple Asian cuisine book. I'm hoping to make some Chinese and Japanese meals. I'm also looking to get more healthy from this.

Last edited by MattP : 05-08-2007 at 06:12 PM.
MattP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:43 PM   #2
Gshonk

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss831

I used to cook all the time when I still lived at home. But that was when I had all the ingredients of my moms stuff. But now that I'm a poor college student not anything fancy. I still make pasta and different other dishes but its different because its only for myself so I don't make nearly as much. Also no reason to have all the cool spices and stuff my mom has.
Gshonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:34 PM   #3
Beth A. Dillon

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss30

Okay I love, love, love cooking. There's nothing better than hanging out all day playing video games, doing some editing work, messing with lightsabers (modded Ultrasabers Force FX of course), and cooking throughout the day. Even making your own pizza can be good. Not from scratch, just think about flatbread with melted cheese and marinara or pesto sauce and any other stuff you'd want on it.

For a lot of people, cooking means taking up too much time, but believe me, there are quick ways to cook. Chicken with rice and some flavoring is an easy staple. Just google "easy healthy recipes" or "quick healthy recipes" and you'll come up with lots of stuff.

I'm looking forward to when I actually have furniture in my new place and I can have people over for game nights with potlatches or host dinners. Replace Doritos with toasted pita and dips and throw some people at the Wii, and we're on our way to healthier gamer living.

- Beth
Old 05-08-2007, 10:17 PM   #4
HagNasty
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss123

Actually I wish I could cook. Every time I try I burn whatever I make :P I have tried alot of things. It's not so much the cooking I despise though because I guess I like my food a little burnt. It's the events that lead up to cooking.

I only shop once every 3 months maybe and I hate dishes and that kinda stuff. I freeze everything I get (Mostly roasts and ground beef). When I want to eat it is usually one of three things. A roast that has been in the slow cooker for the day, Kraft dinner(microwaved naturally), or Hamburger helper. Thats the diet of champions people.

Actually when I eat out I get as much veg in me as I can because I know I won't make it at home. Though PB&J sandwiches are making a major comeback in my life. Man I must have been spoiled as a kid because those things are awesome now!.

I figure that If I make it to 80 years old they will have a cure for death at the rate we are progressing now

C, C++, C#, Objective-C, Java, PHP, SQL, Javascript, Actionscript, HTML, CSS
HagNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:16 AM   #5
Gshonk

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss831

I'm the same way every time i go out i order loads of veggies even though i make them at home they just aren't as good. And i live on Ham and cheese and PBBJ every day for lunch baby WOOT.
Gshonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:07 AM   #6
MattP

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss15

Besides the grilled cheese sandwich and PB&J the only thing I've successfully made (consistently) is omelets.

Anyone want to share some of their favorite recipes? The book I have is a 20-30min meal book.
MattP is offline   Reply With Quote