Go Back   Game Career Guide Forums > Art
Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2012, 02:17 AM   #1
Steven Bishop

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1
Unhappy Please Help Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch + pressure sensitivity + photoshop

Hello everyone reading this. This is my first post.

Like many of us so often do, i went to the efforts of purchasing a Wacom product to draw and paint up some cool concepts as an alternative to pencil and paper, its good to switch media now and then, the Bamboo Pen and Touch to be exact one of the cheaper models not that it matters.

With photoshop ive been write through the Brushes palette or F5 but i still cannot get my wacom to react to pressure sensitivity. If i press on the tablet lightly i get a bold brush stroke when it should be a light opac brush stroke, without having to manually change the brush opacity.

(Has anybody been through his before ?? and beat this beginner hickup) If you cant work with proper pressure sensitivity you cant really blend colour and create values and get that nice painterly look

Any help is greatly appreciated, about this problem or your personal work flow and or settings believe me Thanks.
Steven Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
Jedejane

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss4
Default Re: Please Help Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch + pressure sensitivity + photoshop

Have you gone into the bamboo tablet settings at all? I don't know what kind of computer you are using, but when you installed the tablet it should have installed the bamboo driver as well and there will be a program you can run to set things like firmness or the shortcut buttons for the tablet itself. If you have windows, you can go to start > all programs and it should be around there.

And have you made sure to enable the brush to react to pressure sensitivity? Don't know what photoshop version you have, but I think this applies to most: if you go to window < brushes (or f5 like you mentioned) you will get the brush editing window. Go down and check "other dynamics", and where it says "opacity jitter" make sure it is at 0% and the control is set to "pen pressure".
Jedejane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
ll24llll

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2
Default Re: Please Help Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch + pressure sensitivity + photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Bishop View Post
Hello everyone reading this. This is my first post.

Like many of us so often do, i went to the efforts of purchasing a Wacom product to draw and paint up some cool concepts as an alternative to pencil and paper, its good to switch media now and then, the Bamboo Pen and Touch to be exact one of the cheaper models not that it matters.

With photoshop ive been write through the Brushes palette or F5 but i still cannot get my wacom to react to pressure sensitivity. If i press on the tablet lightly i get a bold brush stroke when it should be a light opac brush stroke, without having to manually change the brush opacity.

(Has anybody been through his before ?? and beat this beginner hickup) If you cant work with proper pressure sensitivity you cant really blend colour and create values and get that nice painterly look

Any help is greatly appreciated, about this problem or your personal work flow and or settings believe me Thanks.
Hi Steven
I'm using Photoshop CS5 but as I remember this tip applies to all versions upper than Photoshop 7 and all kinds of drawing tablets.

Choose Brush tool (press B on keyboard) > Right-Click any where inside a drawable layer > Click on the little arrow placed on top right corner > check the Stroke Thumbnail property
so if you have the tablet driver installed properly, you will see some default brush presets which react pen pressure (detect them by their stroke shapes).

Another way to set any brush preset to react pen pressure is getting to brush editing window(Press F5) > under Shape Dynamics tab beside Size Jitter, set the Control to Pen Pressure.

good luck
ll24llll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
Protector one

Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss698

I want to reiterate that you should make sure that the Wacom drivers are installed, and that the TabletService service and Tablet.exe are running. (If you're on Windows, that is. No idea how it works on other OSms.)