Claxon

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protector one View Post
Lolwut? Posted in the wrong thread, eh?
No it was a joke, but nevermind (at least I amuse myself ).

To the original poster, it would be good to provide screenshots etc to get people interested without having to commit to your project. Particularly if you're wanting anyone with experience to work without pay ("possible pay in the future" is like asking for money to buy Lottery tickets and saying you'll pay them some back if you hit the jackpot). All you've supplied is a brief storyline, without even telling us what genre of game it is... First person shooter? Isometric Adventure? Real Time Strategy? Collectable Card game?

Story outlines are the easy part, game developers need to know the specifics.
Claxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:45 AM   #12
ak21

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss23

Ok I will post it there then. this game doesnt have a website but is using Gameflood's project folders. Anyways here's some Screenshots. Also only the bedroom is in game and there's more rooms to go to in the game but only 1 posted. Also the genre is Third Person shooter/Adventure game.
In Game Screen Shot. You can change the camera view and control the character.(Default Character.):

Our Main Character:

A house to be animated later:

Last edited by ak21 : 12-15-2008 at 11:47 AM.
ak21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #13
Adrir
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claxon View Post
Story outlines are the easy part, game developers need to know the specifics.
If you're into modding then all you really need to recruit a team is strong communication skills, good organisation, an innovate or fun concept as well as the critically important demonstratable pre-production. Personally, I wouldn't waste time on actual programming or developing deployable art assets until some concept art (sketches and mock-ups of what the game might look like in photoshop are usually fine), concept audio (interesting article) and a good design proposal. You'd be suprised the kind of concept work a sly animator can produce on their own in a short period of time. Especially while working a full-time job in another part of the country.

Chances are, the vision will evolve when you start introducing new team members with new ideas.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:38 PM   #14
ak21

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss23

OK thanks for the advice. We actually have right now 2 actual professional quality modelers and texture artist but we also have 2 good voice actors and a lot more not so Game structure people. Also thanks for the link to the article might read it some time.

EDIT: OK I just finished reading the article and we do have a rough intro for our game but not much sound effects so I guess I will try to compose some rough sounds and brainstorm them. Also our game is more like sad/mad since her husband is kidnapped so I will see if we can put that in our sounds. As well as some voice overs are complete. Should I post 3 or something voice overs(there's like 20+ voice overs complete)?

Last edited by ak21 : 12-19-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:54 AM   #15
ak21

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss23

Anyways here's some more screen shots of our main character(low poly version) textured. It's currently 4500 triangles but this is our main character so it will be the highest poly count character in our game. If you need more screen shots please say so. Also we are going to get started on our cut scenes soon so we will need more animates.

Here's screen shots of Sonya(our main character):

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg6301eec2-eb63-4f17-803c-85ae43e05aef.jpg (36.7 KB, 1 views)