Old 11-16-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
gmtech

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss5
Default Game Developement Magazine - Looking For Freelancers

Hello Everyone

I own an online magazine that has been around since November 2006 and has released 15 issues so far. The magazine is aimed at game developers and players so it strikes a balance that people look forward to reading every few months.

I am here looking for some writers to do some freelance work, write two or three articles and send them in to the magazine and get them featured in the magazine. This is not a paid role, however you receive full credit for your articles, they get to be put into the magazine and you receive advert space in the issue (sizes depend on the quality and quantity of articles you send in).

The sort of articles I am looking for are articles that are general, so they can help developers or gamers no mater who they are. For example an article on Game Difficulty was recently sent in and that talked about striking a good balance of difficultly to keep the players engaged. Another article that I received was What Makes A Game Addicting, so it talked about different ways to draw the player back in. So as you can see, the articles may require you to do some research, some surveys etc in order to get some good articles.

Normally articles are around 600words, however they can be slightly lower or higher - the article on Game Difficulty was over 1000words.

Any questions can be posted here or PM me. Hopefully we can get three or four people who are happy to regularly send in articles that appeal to people. If you want to know the name of the magazine and all that, then do a search on my username. If you are interested then get in contact me and we can discuss.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited by gmtech : 03-31-2009 at 09:07 AM.
gmtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
Adrir
Administrator

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1465

Since Game Maker Technology Magazine is freely available to download and may contain articles that are useful for aspiring game developers, I think it should be fine to post a link.

My main question would be, who owns a submitted work?
Old 11-17-2008, 07:21 AM   #3
gmtech

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss5

The articles still are yours. Once you write them, they belong to you. We only asked that if you plan to submit them to the magazine, that you give us first pick. So you allow us to release it first with the magazine, then you can post it on your blog etc. That isn't a requirement, just a suggestion - if you wish.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
Retro Gamer

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss4

i could be interested if your still looking message me and we can talk more.
many thanks
Retro Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #5
gmtech

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss5

I managed to reply to everyone who contacted me, the reason why it took me so long is because I thought I set it to email me when I got Private Messages - however that wasn't the case.

I am open to hearing more from those who have already contacted me and also those that are thinking about getting involved, then simply post or PM me and I will get back to you (a lot quicker now I have set this to my homepage).

On a side note; Work is in full swing for our next issue. We released Issue 15 on Friday 13th March - http://gamemakertech.info/2009/03/13...fteen-out-now/ - this saw a lot of massive changes and has been openly received by readers and I hope that you still have an interest in writing content for the magazine.

Just download it and skim through it and you will see a clear sign that the magazine is a professional publications and is constantly growing after over two years of development and there are no signs of that slowing. You have the chance to see some of your articles/features seen by a larger audience than your own personal blogs -so take the leap, take the chance and contact me to get involved.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
Ziriux

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss24

I got an article I wrote on HERE, about 26 paragraphs, but it's in-depth and a good article about Exclusives to certain consoles. I know it's up on that site, but I doubt any of your magazine readers ever read such thing. It focuses on business side of things. Have a read mate.

Let me know what you think?
Ziriux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #7
gmtech

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziriux View Post
I got an article I wrote on HERE, about 26 paragraphs, but it's in-depth and a good article about Exclusives to certain consoles. I know it's up on that site, but I doubt any of your magazine readers ever read such thing. It focuses on business side of things. Have a read mate.

Let me know what you think?
Interesting, I have had a quick read through it and it is good. I have sent you a PM, so get back to me on that.

Anyone else who is interested in writing a couple of articles for an upcoming issue of this development magazine, then just PM me or post here and then I will get back to you ASAP.

Any questions that you may have can also be sent to me or posted here. I am looking for reviewers as well, so if you want to try your hand at trying out a few games that I have been sent then contact me as well.

Thanks
Old 03-31-2009, 02:26 AM   #8
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2261

Hey, I wrote a rather lengthy comment on that blog about that article, where did it go .
yaustar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:44 AM   #9
gmtech

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss5
Default Game Developement Magazine - Looking For Freelancers

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaustar View Post
Hey, I wrote a rather lengthy comment on that blog about that article, where did it go .
I am guessing that you are talking about Ziriux. Although I don't own the site, I was doing some looking around and it appears that it has been deleted - http://www.kokugamer.com/?p=195 - take a look at the comments there, something to do with upgrading the WP theme.

I am still keeping an eye out for reviewers as well, so if you want to try your hand at trying out a few games that I have been sent then contact me as well.

Last edited by gmtech : 03-31-2009 at 01:41 PM.