Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2009, 03:55 AM   #1
Husky2449

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss17
Default Game designer questions

i am really very interested in game designing, i love to make big diagramms of how the game will work, how it will be, howeconomy will function etc. Also i can very good at balancing games also. So i believe game designing is something i would love

I have some questions though

i understand that to create a game diagramming u ll need some 2d pictures that will make it easier to understand and for that u ll need some program like photoshot or adobe illustrator. Will i need to make more complicated images like and concept art of a unit or something else.

As a game designer u ll need to know 3d animation program, what things u ll create with 3d animating program as game designer? Will u need to know those programms very well?

as level designer you will need to balance maps and levels, all those in 2d logically?
Husky2449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:36 AM   #2
Gshonk

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss831

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky2449 View Post
i understand that to create a game diagramming u ll need some 2d pictures that will make it easier to understand and for that u ll need some program like photoshot or adobe illustrator. Will i need to make more complicated images like and concept art of a unit or something else.
Probably not.
Quote:
As a game designer u ll need to know 3d animation program, what things u ll create with 3d animating program as game designer? Will u need to know those programms very well?
No.
Quote:
as level designer you will need to balance maps and levels, all those in 2d logically?
If it is a 2D game then yes. If it is a 3D game then maybe depending if there is verticallity to the level.
Gshonk is offline   Reply With Quote