Old 08-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
Patriots54

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2
Default Neumont University

Hello,

I am looking through several colleges to attend to obtain my Masters in Computer Science. I was appointed to Neumont by a friend. I was looking at the school and it looks promising thus far.

I am planning on obtaining the CS degree to become a Game Programmer.

I was looking to get some input from people who are else trying or are a game programmer who may know a little about this school.
Patriots54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
jakesomething

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1

So weird how I found this post, but I figured I'd give you my 2 cents. I'm about to graduate from Neumont's bachelor's program. Now I personally value my education highly and feel that Neumont is a cut above the rest, but I think the program is focused more on the non-gaming industry. I didn't take it, but they have an XNA class, we have some art classes. But to be able to go and apply to Blizzard after you graduate wouldn't get you very far.

I'm not extremely interested personally in doing Game Development, but I have friends who use Flex, or XNA and develop games as a hobby. You learn a lot of what you would need at Neumont, but you would have to learn a lot more on your own in the terms of gaming.

Hope that helps answer your question. If not feel free to email me
jakesomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
Patriots54

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2

I would but its not in your info...

I just have 1 question though. Would you think i would be able to land a solid programming job (software development) after I graduate? I would want to hve a job to A. Help my resume and B. So I can live while trying to "break in" the game development industry.
Patriots54 is offline   Reply With Quote