Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2010, 07:35 AM   #1
Siberianhusky89

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss156
Default My Game Design Problem

Alright, basically, I'm working on a game design document for a 2D Fighter. I have a pretty clear idea of how I'm going to set the character specifications and such. I got the storylines for each character done, I'm also going to do the music as well since I know how to make music and don't mind doing it at all, have a friend that's willing to help me with the character sprites, I only have 1 character I'm having trouble with but that's not the major problem. The thing is, I'm making this a freesource game so that it'll make it easier to get into the industry and cause I have no money. Don't get me wrong, that's not the only reason I'm doing it, I'm also doing it cause I want to and absolutely love 2D Fighters. Anyhow, I'm not sure if I'd be able to find a programmer to help me, my other friend said he might be going into programming now however... I'm not sure how long he'd take, however, he hasn't started just yet.

Anyhow, I guess I might also need help with the character design for 1 character in my game and wouldn't mind the help from the members of this site since you've been so good to me over the time I've been on here. So, here's the other design problem.

I want to make a character that more or less, authentically uses the martial arts "Tai Chi Quan", however... You don't block in Tai Chi Quan, you kind of evade or "absorb" your opponent. A fundamental of fighting games however, is blocking. Oddly enough, Tai Chi Quan is a defensive martial arts and very flexible. Anyhow, I feel by not letting him block, he'd be underbalanced but by making his other options too good, he might be overpowered. I don't expect to make the most balanced game in the world or anything, however, I want everyone to have an option of choosing their favorite character while having a fair chance in a match. If you need any more information on Tai Chi Quan, you can ask, I actually study the art and even practice it. For now, I have to go to College, later "^^
Siberianhusky89 is offline   Reply With Quote