Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 03:44 PM   #31
Nilbmar

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss26

I am, think I'll get it done in time too.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:04 PM   #32
Killerapathy

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss23

Making a Crossfire like game. You control a turret that shoots bullets. The goal is to use the bullets to push the ball into the opponent's goal. Gonna get creative with powerups and other options but I think it fits the challenge.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:33 AM   #33
bob

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss297

I know I was really pumped about this challenge when it was announced, but I probably won't turn anything in. I've been pretty busy with school, and didn't make enough time to work on the game.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #34
Protector one

Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss698

You guys. Lazer thingy is working super smoothly now. Stoked. Now to get some frigging game elements in there! :P
Oh btw, reflecting beams turned out to be super easy. For vertical mirrors, I can just invert the value to get the reflected beam, that is, f(x) = -x. So for rotated mirrors, I can just subtract the rotation of the mirror of the rotation of the beam (to virtually rotate the mirror in vertical position), invert the value, and add the rotation back again. Thus: f(x) = -(x-mirrorRotation)+mirrorRotation = -x + 2*mirrorRotation. Crazy easy! Just FYI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
I know I was really pumped about this challenge when it was announced, but I probably won't turn anything in.
That's too bad. Care to show us what you got so far? I love seeing prototypes; gives me an impression of how others tackle the development process.
I wish the big game devs would give us peaks at their prototypes more often. They rarely do!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #35
Protector one

Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss698

It's 1:30am. I'm tired. But would you look at this!?

Look at the cow! Look at the goat! Look at the cow! Look at the goat! Look at the jumping chicken! You see it?? You see the jumping chicken??

As I said, 1:30am. Tired.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:48 AM   #36
Protector one

Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss698

Oh eff. The deadline is this monday already!? Eff, eff, eff. How are y'all doing, time management-wise?
Old 04-30-2010, 12:51 PM   #37
Claxon

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss345

Yes I'm affraid it is. I'm a bit behind where I'd like to be, things have been a bit busy lately at work & I've spent most of my time working on the tools for my game rather than the actual game (can you tell I'm a tools programmer?). I've come up with a slight twist to my lemmings game that I can hopefully get into an alpha stage by monday to share with you all.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:23 PM   #38
Nilbmar

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss26

I have something loaded to my box.net account already, one tiny level and its not very game like. Your text adjusts the characters stats, which he needs up to a certain point to break down doors..see longer distances, be able to look behind him. Thats the only abilities I got functional right now though and it looks more like his actions are hard coded instead of AI.

(When he doesn't have an obvious goal, he heads for the closest door. Given that its one level with no change, he almost always has the same path.)

I won't get time to add in some other things so I'm gonna go ahead and post the links.

http://www.box.net/shared/c2l7xjviiz
No music version, reworked UI. 2.7MB

Last edited by Nilbmar : 05-03-2010 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Revision.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:07 AM   #39
Protector one

Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss698

Well, I'm done! I don't have audio (didn't feel like doing it, in the end!) and I'm not entirely satisfied with my collision detection (especially when moving mirrors in the beam, along the beam) but overall I'm quite happy with it!
Curious what you guys think of it, so without further ado:

PewPew Lazor!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:47 AM   #40
Protector one

Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss698

Nilbmar, your entry looks pretty interesting, but holy crap, I'm going to need some instructions! There are small and large text entry boxes at the top, and entering text in them does... something... but I can't figure out what I should be doing!
Closed Thread