Old 07-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #12
seekingKnowledge

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndimucci View Post
Why the need to get a master's anyways? You're from the UK? Not sure what the job market is like over there. If you really think you NEED a masters to get a job, then by all means if it's worth it to you then do it.

However, you already have a computer science degree. Game programming is all about what you can do, and less about education. It looks like you just need to start doing more game oriented programming and design, build a portfolio, blah blah blah.

Just start mastering C++ now, on your own. Start programming games. You have the capability. And when you burn out of the industry you can easily apply for non-game related software development jobs.

p.s. hows the pool of C++ talent in the UK? I've been told it's not the greatest in the US, hard to find a really good C++ programmer in a lot of markets, thus REALLY proficient C++ programmers tend to get top choice in positions.
Hi, thanks for your thought on the issue, may I ask. Assuming I do not take a Master's degree can't I still be able to apply for any Computer related Jobs out there (with just my BSc in CS) , if so how does a Master's Degree in a specific area such as Games Programming ruin the chances of getting a job in another field / changing to another field of work if I want to.

Also, I understand the whole idea of the Job market for games programmer in UK, but I must mention I am not from the UK, I just studied over there, thus I can decide to move around the world , preferably from my experience the States / Canada, where the Job Market is much better. but thats aside.... Thanks for your time.
seekingKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote