Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
DreadTchotchke

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3
Question How should I go about education, where would I fit in the industry?

Hi everyone I am new to this forum and I hope to meet a ton of awesome people here.

With that out of the way, let me get to the questions. I am currently a High School senior and my whole life has been video games. I have always wanted to design games but all the schools I have looked at for the degrees I want (Full Sail, Devry, etc.) are way out of my price range and distance range.

I am thinking about attending an in-state Tech university and transfering out to a more specialized school later, but I don't know what I should study before transfering out. My High School didn't have much in the way of electives so I am lost there.

What I want to do in the Video Game industry is mostly to work with ideas and to have my ideas put before others. I do have excellent writing and creative skills and have already written several of my ideas down in the form of short stories or novels. What I lack is in drawing and math. If I were to enter the games industry, would there be a position I can fit in or would I be left out?

To add detail about my questions and predicament, I will add that I live in the Northwestern Quadrant of Arkansas (I know, I know: I just invited redneck jokes)

In Brief:
1. What program of study should I choose before transfering to a college with a game design degree?

2. What position in the games industry mostly works with ideas?

Last edited by DreadTchotchke : 11-08-2010 at 08:49 AM.
DreadTchotchke is offline   Reply With Quote