Go Back   Game Career Guide Forums > Other > Other/Off-Topic
Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
zaxpearson

Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3
Exclamation Full sail university questions.

I have finished most of the process form full sail to join and even got my acceptance letter in theory I should be happy.

But my financial aid advisor kelly aske me ot send in the estimate for my livinf in the state room board etc. and I'm to be sent a check after 30 or so days allowing me to pay for my place when I'm down there.

She sent it back to me and highlighted certain things in red with the line.

"Money is due ot be repayed at time of graduation"

Now I'm not the best math wiz in the world or......well paranoid but that being said,does anyone KNOW for a FACT that this means fullsail wants me to IMMEDIATLY pay back this money after I graduate OR did they mean my repayments start after graduation and they don't want it all at once they want it in credit card style i.e. I pay the hole thing or I make the min payment that is do?

Also did I post this in the right forum section if not can someone link me to the right place plz?
zaxpearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2267

Did you ask the person who sent you the letter?
yaustar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #3
zaxpearson

Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3

and I got no response back yet and I need to know a.s.a.p. because I got 48 hors to finish up my papaerwork.

I KNOW full sail is a good school and there are few like it but I NEED to know this because every single employee and student I talked to told me thye have no free time to get a job whilst enrolled so if this money is do back at the end of my 1 year termthats a lil too much and I sadly need to go some place that doesn't want immediate money back and set me up on a monthly repayment plan like my parent plus loan does
zaxpearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #4
ryan.george

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss130

Only thing you can really do is to wait to hear back from them.

As far as FullSail being a very intensive program, yes- it is. Everyone I know that graduated from there was (for the most part) completley immersed in their job- er schooling. It's rough but if you're passionate about it you can get a lot out of it.

Also: Most colleges will want you to start paying back on loans when you graduate. This isn't a FullSail exclusive thing. In my case I have a six month grace period before my bills start coming due.

If you're going to be taking loans out- expect for them to want their money as soon as they can get it.

ryan.george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #5
Killerapathy

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss23

Hello Zax,

My name is John and I've been at Full Sail for about seventeen months in the Game Development program. I'll go over a few things about what I know about the school.

Education - This school isn't easy. They let anyone in but that doesn't make the course easy. Half my class failed (or failed back months) by the time I reached Final Project.

Financial - If you taken out government loans for your whole education, your financial adviser will take care of almost everything for you. You just have to let them know who you're getting the loans from. If you are paying with cash or credit (from your parents), you will pay the tuition in thirds every 7 months.

Give your financial adviser a call. Their business hours is from 9am to 5pm during the weekdays. Call the school directly and they'll direct you to the financial aid department and ask for your adviser.

Good Luck,
John
Killerapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
Killerapathy

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss23

Hello Zax,

My name is John and I've been at Full Sail for about seventeen months in the Game Development program. I'll go over a few things about what I know about the school.

Education - This school isn't easy. They let anyone in but that doesn't make the course easy. Half my class failed (or failed back months) by the time I reached Final Project.

Financial - If you taken out government loans for your whole education, your financial adviser will take care of almost everything for you. You just have to let them know who you're getting the loans from. If you are paying with cash or credit (from your parents), you will pay the tuition in thirds for each [program length/3] months.

Stafford loans give you a 6 month grace period. For the Parent Plus:
Quote:
"Repayment begins 60 days after the funds are fully disbursed, and the repayment term is up to 10 years. "
Give your financial adviser a call. Their business hours is from 9am to 5pm during the weekdays. Call the school directly and they'll direct you to the financial aid department and ask for your adviser.

Good Luck,
John
Killerapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:14 AM   #7
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1863

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxpearson View Post
and I got no response back yet and I need to know a.s.a.p. because I got 48 hors to finish up my papaerwork.
Use a telephone.

PLEASE do not use this website's PM feature to contact me.
tsloper is offline   Reply With Quote