Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
Deven

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1
Default I'm hunting for freelance work (VG Journalist)

I'm now at a steady point in my life where I can begin writing for a gaming website or publication. Because it's very difficult to get a staff job without published work (and because I live in North Dakota), I'd like to begin by doing some freelance work from home.

At the moment I'm in the process of putting together a portfolio of reviews, impressions, news articles, etc. to show prospective employers.

I would like to know if there are any respectable sites and/or magazines that I should go to first, and how I can contact them. Any direction and information given would be very helpful and appreciated.

Note: I currently only own a Playstation 3 (financial reasons).
Old 03-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
pugna100

Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2

Great that you're actually creating a portfolio. This is actually one of the things that contractors/employers ask when they hire people offshore. This will show your skills and will impress them (probably ).

You can try registering in various outsourcing sites like oDesk, Elance, Freelancer, Guru, etc. and check for jobs/projects that are posted their which involves anything about your field. You just have to be patient when looking for jobs and when you've find them you can then bid on projects and jobs but it's gonna be competitive as there are also other providers that will bid on such jobs. So you really have to bid a reasonable price. When you get hired, just do your job well and when it gets done right, you'll most probably get a good rating and feedback from your employer/contractor. Ratings and feedback, number of completed jobs and portfolios are actually very important since most contractors check them to see if the provider is reliable enough and can be trusted for the job. They don't want to hire the wrong guy and will leave them even if the project is not yet done.

You can try reading this article: http://www.timedoctor.com/blog/2011/...ow-to-use-them
It talks about the various outsourcing sites you could try and a few ideas on offshore outsourcing.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
NRGUK

Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3

I am looking for someone to help with writing retro reviews, I am sure there is someway you can get your hands on a virtual console or emulation software to review the games if you are interested....

http://norwichretrogaming.co.uk/news...riters-wanted/
Closed Thread