Old 10-24-2011, 07:51 AM   #1
noahmjohnson

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3
Default Noah Johnson Level Design Portfolio

Hey Everyone!

I am an amateur level designer looking for some feedback on my portfolio. I was curious if you all would give my website a look and give me everything you've got.

I'm not looking for candy coated feedback! I know you all can be critical!

I have some game environments, levels and playable games that I have either worked on or created myself up there. Take a gander.

www.noahmjohnson.com

Thanks you guys!
noahmjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
Lt Topcat

Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss14
Default Re: Noah Johnson Level Design Portfolio

Hi, Iíve had a quick look at your portfolio and Iím in the same place as you, work on my portfolio as a level designer but on the other side of the world. I like what I see with the content epically the Warden of Raal. I found the colour scheme works quite well on the website overall. My only issues I could find were it took me a bit too long to find how to get to your work examples by clicking the images. I only mention it since protention employer wonít spend much time trying to navigate the website, so maybe add a side bar linking to your work to help keep it simple for those over worked and properly sleep deprived employer who are inundated with application submissions.

Overall I think it puts some of my work to shame
I hope my comments help
Lt Topcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
noahmjohnson

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3

Thanks for the feedback! I would definitely say that there is a problem if you couldnt find my work right off the bat! I will restructure it so the level design and game design tabs are the same and also create a portal with images that go straight to each body of work.

Thanks so much for the feedback!
noahmjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
KRowley

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss26

I've had a brief look at both your level and game design portfolios they look great, good job . It's hard to judge your level design skills based purely on screen shots and descriptions; so it may be worth allowing people to download the maps and install them for themselves.

To help let potential employers assess your design skills further; providing original sketches, flows charts, block outs and early versions of the map and how it evolved through development will help in showing your thought process.

Overall, I like it - way better than my portfolio when I first got in the industry .
KRowley is offline   Reply With Quote