Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
CollegeWriter19

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss8
Default (new post) What can I do to become a video game writer?

I am a college freshman and I go to Wilmington University in delaware. I want to write the story or dialogue for video games. Dialogue is my
Thing. Can someone please post and give me advice. I don't have a problem starting out writing reviews or something. I love writing and I have written short stories. I went to uat last year and I might transfer back there. I posted before and it wasn't a good post, so I'm posting again. I love writing and it's all I want to do with my life. I don't care if I start writing reviews in the newspaper. So please answer my questions in detail or however you van. Where do I start? How do I become a game writer? I know it's a competitive industry, but writers probably have a beter chance to get in the industry than designers or artists, right? Do I start contacting game companies? And I also know that I won't start out writing dialog for AAA titles and I don't care If I start writing for the smallest video game company. I have a passion for video games and writing as well. Please give me advce. I know I'm asking for a lot, but this will help me in the future. I'm only a freshman, but I can see myself writing for video games as a career. I do know that freelance writers get positions as scriptwriters, but I want a full time position at a company. I don't care if I'm writing for my little pony. This is what I want to do. Should I write more stories? Who should I email at a video game company. Just the regular contact us? Or someone special? I have I already been to sloperama, but the article was written in years ago. I need a more personal reply. I do want an internship, but if I want one at a video game company, please reply with advice and information.

Last edited by CollegeWriter19 : 01-05-2012 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Didn't finish yet